Did you know that FRIENDS of the Blue Ridge Parkway was the very first non-profit to team with the Blue Ridge Marathon? This race is the ONLY marathon that runs along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway, and proceeds from this non-profit event benefit the parkway and a dozen local charities every year.
Volunteering for the Blue Ridge Marathon on Saturday, April 22, will help fund our Roanoke Chapter’s summertime Music on the Mountain traditional music series. We just need a few hours of your time as a course marshall or aid station volunteer on the Blue Ridge Parkway section!
· Scroll down to the “VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION” button and click through.
· Password is FBRP
· Please select a location on the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) if you can, which would be the Roanoke Mountain areas.
*Saturday, April 22, 6:30 a.m. – 5 BRP locations/46 total volunteers
*6:45 a.m. – 1 BRP location/12 volunteers
· Scroll down, and please be sure to select “FBRP” for Group Affiliation.
· Finish with your digital signature and click “Sign Up to Volunteer.”
· Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jennifer Snyder at (540) 772-2992 with questions about volunteering or registration.
This Roanoke area volunteer opportunity is great for groups, so tell your family, friends, neighbors, club members, etc!